Friday, April 1

Spring Fling

Last night, the Artist and I were talking.

“Do you have any favorite sports teams?” I asked.
“Mm. No. I watched the Steelers growing up, (because of a friend) and I watch the Red Sox (because of his brother in law).”

It got me thinking. For the past 8 years, I’ve been a Vikings Fan. I’ve cheered their wins and cried at their losses (ok, not really, but I’ve been really bummed!). I’ve long worn the Moss jersey with pride and have argued with those who would defame his name (The Madre stands right behind me on that one.)

But I’ve grown weary. Weary of the bickering, weary of the losses. I do love The Culpepper, and will always love him, but I just can’t do it another season. So, it is with a bit of sadness and yet relief that I finally confess –

Brett Favre, hold on for one more season. You’ve got yourself a fan!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Happy April 1, everyone. :D

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister,
That blog made me sick. You did fool me BUT I was very worried about my sister's integrity for a moment. haha!
By the way where is the Friday photo?
Love ya,
Little shoe girl
p.s. Aren't you glad that I actually left a comment!

Hannah said...

I AM happy that you posted, LSG!

The Friday photo is now up - I had some problems uploading it.

Love ya back!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you have finally come over to my side ...hahhah what would your MN boys say!!!
Tones

Hannah said...

What would MARSHA say!?

Although, she married a traitor, so she can't really talk. ;)

And being as she's Teaching in a communist country, she can't read my blog, so I'm safe....for now!

With octaves of a mystic depth and height