Thursday, February 3

I SO should be embarrassed

Last night I worked at The-Job-that-if-I-lost-it-that-would-be-disappointing-but-not-life-altering. And I worked with two of my favorite people - Betty and Adam. Betty's like your grandma - if your grandma don't take no Crap! Adam is a quiet smartass, a few years younger than me, and generally we delightfully give each other a hard time. I think the world of both of them.

And recently I've noticed -hey, Adam's not bad looking. Even though he's not really my type, he's still a blast, and likely it's my relief at being assigned to work with him (he at least knows what he's doing) that makes my estimation of him skyrocket.

So last night, Betty and I are up front chatting - the store was empty, except for a girl Adam was helping in the shoe department. He comes over and says, "{sister store in a different city} is closed, isn't it?"

Betty: "Yup."

Adam: wrinkles nose in slight frustration, just like a kid would do. Turns around to return to customer.

Ains: {whisper to Betty} "He's so cute."

Adam whips around and looks at Ains with a "What-kind-of-crazy-talk-is-that?!" look

Ains: Smiles broadly like the obvious dolt she is. Internal dialogue: Crap. Guess that was bit louder than I intended.

Betty: {full volume} "He sure is." (YESSS! Betty to the rescue!)

Little Shoe Girl says I should be embarrassed. And I guess I am a bit, but I think it's hysterical - every time I think about it, I start laughing. Maybe from embarrassment, but oh well. Makes life at that job interesting and fun.

I guess when you get older, you don't care who knows that you think a cute guy is cute - even if it's him.

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height