Monday, February 14

Confessions of a Valentine's Day Scrooge

So, what happens to Scrooge in the end? Yup, that's right.

Remember this thing I said?
"Now, I know that there are many families out there who buy one another valentine's gifts and express general feelings of appreciation and love."

Yeah, remind me not to talk, because God loves to do this to me. I get my smartass on and God goes, "Well, I think that this needs to change, just so she sees what a brat she is." And then he has The Madre not only make a really great dinner BUT THEN, she gets us gifts.

(The Bro was especially funny - "What is going on?" So I am a bit vindicated in that it has only been recently that the romantic "special" emphasis on V-day has changed.)

In a moment of pure evil genius, The Madre got Short Circuit, a movie declared by me as "The Best movie EVER made!" at the perceptive age of eight. I believe I also delcared it that I would never love a movie as much as I loved it. I stand by that statement.

We're watching it now-

Quoth The Madre: "The humor is so cute. You can't help but laugh at it."
Ains: "I know. That's why it's The best movie ever made."
{giggles}

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height