Thursday, February 17

Friday's picture postponed

My sincere apologies to those who look forward to Friday's picture. I'm going to be away from a computer for a few days. When I do post it (hopefully on Saturday night) You'll see why it was worth the wait. Hopefully you'll think it's as funny as I think it is.

Update on Blind Dates:

So, remember this rant? Well, the Sunday after the date, my cousin, her husband and I went to church, our sister church up in that town. One of our associate pastor's son is the associate pastor there. That sounds strange, but it really makes a lot of sense, if you know both of them. It was great seeing a brother/friend I grew up with preach (the senior pastor was on sabbatical).

Well, Associate Pastor's wife (here, at my church) talked with my mom. I wish I could do a characterization of her justice. She's one of the most knowledgable, theolgically solid women that I know. She'll also just about bowl you over getting to know you - especially if you're new to our church. Powerhouse? Doesn't begin to describe this woman. She's a dear. I love her to death. But she is a force to be reckoned with!

She thinks I ought to go up to this college town and the sister church more often. Which makes sense. I love her son and his wife, and would love to hang out helping out with their kids, see my cousin, be available for...ya know...whatever. BUT, did she mention the cute guy I saw (single, yes) at church as someone to keep my eyes open for? Nope. Mentioned the THIRTY-SEVEN year old philosophy Ph.D. Which, yes, at one point I did date a Ph.D student, but...

37? I'm just not THAT mature!

2 comments:

Anne said...

37? - ancient! Also the same age as the PalmPilot, and the age I'll be in a couple of months! ;-)

Molly said...

I think it's reasonable :)

With octaves of a mystic depth and height