Thursday, October 13

Highlights and Lowlights

I've had both 'lights' put in my hair over the last 9 years, thanks to my college roommate, the one who firmly believed that life should never be lacking in good, bright, red hair dye. Yes, in college, I was Auburn for a very long time.

That's not what I was really thinking about, though, when I thought of this post. I was thinking,

"Gosh, it is addicting, having a 100 pound Black Lab follow you everywhere you go, just to flop down and sleep, even though you've tried to put him to bed two or three times. Guess he wants to be near me." It's likely he'll be sleeping in my room tonight.

So, I also thought of some other really fun times (highlights) during my week in Dallas:

  • Being able to shoot over 400 photos using the incredibly expensive camera equipment at my disposal. (a DIGITAL SLR! With two amazing telephoto lenses. Holy Buckets, it was so nice!)
  • Hangin' with Madre, who taught while I coordinated.
  • Laughing with DMM, sharing stories of "Oh, and then THIS happened!" until 1:00 a.m. one night (The next morning was filled with much consumption of Wolfgang Puck coffee!)
  • Seeing one of my best friends, the one that I've known since 5th grade, and picking up right where we left off. (Love ya Jen!)
  • Realizing that I could easily call the instructors my friends and mentors - regardless of age or education level.
  • Spending 3 hours flying back with my senior pastor, and spending an hour with my associate pastor during the conference, just soaking up their wisdom.


And thennnn, the lowlights.

  • Not many of them, but this was definitely one: Knowing I had 5.5 hours to sleep before getting up for the plane on Sunday, and awakening at 2:30 to loud, drunk, obnoxious next-door neighbors. Not sleeping for another 1/2 hour until they quieted down (by smoking so much that we could smell it through the adjoining door).
  • Packing my cute but not-the-most-comfortable shoes, and being on my feet for 16 hours a day. To the left: Me hawking product, in my typical footwear.
  • Wishing LSG and the Boys could have been there (...but!! --> Minneapolis 2006 National Conference, baby!)

Like I said, not that much to complain about! :)

Ok, the Lab is snoring. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you! Come back to the big D soon. Love ya!

With octaves of a mystic depth and height