Big Little Bro bought Batman Begins a few days ago. We watched it twice. In a row (practically).
Things I liked about Begins
1. Christian Bale. Believable as both Bruce Wayne ("Billionaire Playboy") and The Dark Knight.
2. I can't believe I'm actually going to say it, but the new Batman ..."car," if that's what you'd call it. Tank-Tumbler-Thingy. That thing makes ANYONE want one, even though its a bit ugly at first. Gives Batman a bit more powerful edge, instead of the romanticized ideal of the sports car from Batman and Batman Returns.
3. The supporting cast did a great job, creating characters you actually were interested in.I wasn't as annoyed with Katie Holmes as I thought I would be. (Kirsten Dunst just grates on me when I watch Spidey 1 or 2.)
Also, most of the cast for Begins is British, and you'd. never. know. it.
4. Finally villains that don't make you roll your eyes, but still have a comic book feel to them.
5. No nipples on the Batsuit.
6. Alfred. How can you not love Michael Caine? He played the best Scrooge, in a Christmas Carol that's largely overlooked.
7.Oh my gosh, Wayne Manor. Holy buckets.
8. Did I say Christian Bale?