Sunday, October 2

96 hours

The number of hours I worked this past week! I'm slightly amazed. I was up and running events by 7:00 am each day and in bed around 11 each evening. Considering that the lunches and dinners revolved around work and work items and work errands and meeting new work employees, I figured I just put in 2.4 normal weeks of work in 6 days. Not bad for combating a personal view of myself - the one that I'm lazy. ;) (Sometimes I am. My Other Brain disagrees.)

I had a great time. DMM and I roomed together, and between her and MMc, the other staff event coordinator, I was kept sane as I answered question after question on training/"Can we get another mic?" /"Do you know where the Church manuals are?"/"If I don't take this event right this second will I lose my Certification status?" and on and on.

There were a lot of difficulties and plenty of Plan B's, but overall I was shown love and encouraged beyond what I deserve. El Presidente had a whole shtick about "If the mafia was after us, we are SO LOVED we could just go from home to home to home.” Our Development Director took any potential saccharine feel out of it and had the room roaring with laughter, but nonetheless it really was the feeling you left the conference with: There were so many people from across the nation who loved you simply because they are Christians and you're siblings.

So, thanks to all of you who actually checked the blog after Tuesday. I'm sure I've got a few funny stories that will come out during the next few days, but for today and tomorrow, I'm just going to take it easy and love takin' care of this guy until his Mistress gets home.

I'll end with the verse given to us last night:
This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says:
"In repentance and rest is your salvation,
in quietness and trust is your strength."

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height