Tuesday, May 10

My Patron Saint, if I were catholic and neurotic

Ok, First the disclaimer:

I realize that any person ought to not put a lot of stock in these personality tests. As my Mom, Pastor, M.Div friend, or Mentor would tell me – and you – Sin has a lot more to do with problems of life, the Bible with the remedy, etc.

Anyway, all that said, a good friend wanted me to take this test. I’m an ESFJ, an Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judge. Which all that put together, “tells” me that I’m a Guardian, with the subcategory of Provider.

Here’s a quick description:

Provider Guardians take it upon themselves to arrange for the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of established institutions such as schools, businesses, churches, social clubs, and civic groups. Wherever they go, Providers take up the role of social contributor, happily giving their time and energy to make sure that the needs of others are met, that traditions are supported and developed, and that social functions are a success.

Providers are skilled in maintaining teamwork among their helpers, and are also tireless in their attention to the details of furnishing goods and services. They make excellent chairpersons in charge of social events. They are without peer as masters of ceremonies, able to approach others with ease and confidence, and seemingly aware of what everyone’s been doing.

Ok, so that all sounds good, but besides being somewhat interesting, why would I post it?

Well, a few months ago, The Bro and Ghetto Phone Boy asked me what celeb would I have play me. I said, “oh, Natalie Portman, or Mandy Moore,” because I look somewhat like them.

The Madre Piped in: “Tell them who you thought.”
The Bro: “Courtney Cox.”
“I don’t look like Courtney Cox.”
“No, but you’re JUST like Monica!”
“I’m not THAT anal!” (The Madre “loves” that word)
{The Bro and GPB look at each other.}
Me: “Shut up.”

So, at the end of that test? They have examples of real-life and fictional ESFJs.

And there she was, under the fictional list: Monica! The patron saint of Ainsley.

(Except for the living with her boyfriend part, and all the other stuff that I don’t do that she and Chandler did. And I’m not even nearly as big of a clean freak. That would be the Artist.)

But the “I know!” part? Yeah. That’s me.

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height