Tuesday, January 11

No one will envy me

Definition of a fun night? Washing wallpaper glue off of your friend-landlord-credit consolidator-foster family's 12-foot wall. No, really. An absolute BLAST.

Ok, it wasn't that bad, and I basically got 3/4 of a wall done (my brother had done the other 1/4 a few days ago) in two and a half hours. And I decided to go music-free, which allows you to do a lot of things:

Whistle the new U2 song that isn't Vertigo, but is just as awesome
Pray for your brother's college decisions
Pray blessings on your friend's upcoming marriage
sigh 37 times
And contemplate Randy Moss.

(I never said that they had anything to do with each other).

So, this is what I've come up with. Moss isn't the only one in the NFL (or any other sport, for that matter) that acts inappropriately when they've done something good, great, or moderate. And Moss' quote was something to the effect of "Well, I'm used to catching Hell."

Ok, so fining players $15,000 - or whatever the exorbitant amount is - doesn't seem to be working. Therefore, The Powers That Be of each sport ought to seriously consider this: for every minute of inappropriate behavior, the offending player must spend the equivalent number of hours washing wallpaper glue off of some nice little old lady's wall. Then we’ll make them continue their community service by appearing on Trading Spaces Family.

Now, that's what I call penance.


No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height