Monday, December 20

Grinch Green

Dear Target Corp,
I was surprised when I heard that you weren't allowing Salvation Army bell ringers outside our local Target store. I was sure I had heard them this year, but then remembered that, no, that was in front of Walmart. And I just want you to know that I'm going to make a concerted effort to patronize that store instead of yours. While I may not be able to get around buying certain items at Target, I pledge to go to Walmart for this year as much as possible.

I hope you reconsider your extremely bad judgment next year. In such a society as ours, I’m sure your very smart and expensive lawyers can find a way to legally allow the Salvation Army to solicit and not bind you to allowing everyone and everything solicit in the future. I’ll trust that you’ll pony up the 9 million you’re denying the Salvation Army this year to pay for your lawyers to do this work.

I’m thoroughly disappointed in you, and also, I’m 26. I have a long life ahead of me, and a very good memory.

Merry Christmas, or something like that. Has the Marketing agency you’ve retained done any tests with changing your official color from “Target Red” to “Grinch Green”?

Sincerely,

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height