Sunday, September 11

A Modified Birthday Letter

GPB and LSG last summer - photo by DMM

I wrote this two days ago, on GPB's birthday (Sept 9). I vacillated as to whether or not I should actually post it -today I decided that I didn't really care if it was a tiny bit mushy - he deserves this post!

Happy Birthday, Ghetto Phone Boy!

G, you grow daily in your spiritual walk, and you're a true Barnabas - and I hope someday everyone you know will read of him and think of you. Your care, respect and appreciation for my sister is the very best, and I'm so happy that God brought her such a great guy. You are such a steadfast friend - you've been my brother's good buddy, and you've been my good friend - especially when you've given advice and encouragement exactly when I needed it.

Most of all, though, I've watched you grow and mature during difficult situations God has given you, and I see you desire to be a real peacemaker.

We love you dearly.

(and no, I didn't get through writing this without tearing up just a little bit. I'm a softie!)

All my love. Happy Birthday G!
Ains

PS, Today you were awesome as usual, proving to me how caring and respectful you are of all of us in our family. Thank you for trusting me, and being my friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooooooooo that was nice of you sister! I'm sure he appreciates it.

With octaves of a mystic depth and height