Friday, November 19

Simplify

The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:

PR 1:2 for attaining wisdom and discipline; for understanding words of insight;

PR 1:3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair;

PR 1:4 for giving prudence to the simple, knowledge and discretion to the young.


Hmm. Simplify! This has been a “thing” for me for the last couple of months. I realize that I got myself tangled into debt. My life is a bunch simpler now, but only by God’s Grace. Hopefully I’ll learn those life lessons well and thoroughly.


These are my simplify choices:
· At some point during the day (preferably early morning), go outside to a place where there are the sounds of nature. For five minutes focus on the sounds and do some deep breathing. It will give you a boost of extra energy and clarity to carry you through your day.

· Make lunch for yourself at least three days a week instead of buying something expensive.

· Make your bed before you leave the house. If you work at home, make your bed as soon as you get up in the morning.


You-all can ask me how I’m doing. Self-accountability is far harder than anyone tells themselves.
Day 1 of 21.

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height