Thursday, September 6

Gifts From Friends II


During the last 3 weeks, my friends have been amazing. So amazing, I'm going to share their wisdom with you.

"And neither of [those difficult events] take God by surprise, and He'll love you hard enough to see you through, even if you're mad at Him in the midst of it. Happiness isn't a zero sum game, or a pie that you have to fight for the biggest piece, but it sure can feel that way sometimes, as though the happiness of others just makes your pain more pronounced. And I don't know what to say to help that, but I wish I did. I wish I could salve your heart in a way that satisfied and left you feeling calm or at least content. I'm glad we serve a God that can."

1 comment:

Laura Ward said...

LOVE this. You do have amazing friends! Whoever wrote that to you is wise and gifted. Thanks for sharing her wisdom and encouragement with us!

With octaves of a mystic depth and height