Thursday, April 17

Did you know?

There are birds that sing during the night? Midnight, to be exact. Outside my window. I suppose I knew that Nightingales did, but I was pretty sure that they were a bird most at home in the orient, not in say...Saint Louis.

Indeed. Nightingale

Now that I can't really sleep, I'm trying to figure out what kind of bird it is. Whichever it happens to be, it occurs to me that perhaps this bird is just as sick as I am of the ETERNALLY COLD TEMPERATURES and wind being suffered here in STL and decided to sing despite it all. (Tomorrow it is supposed to warm up.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hannah:

I guess I shouldn't complain about my 4-5 am warblers in the pine tree nearest my bedroom window. If they wake me, I let their music lull me back to sleep (one of those "you had to grow up on a street with heavy traffice" thing.

Auntie Sharon

With octaves of a mystic depth and height