Sunday, May 27

Misc

My blog has been staring at me. Ever have something stare at you? It says things like, "I'm empty. Write something."

Today I actually got real mail - a photo and a letter from one of my favorite people on earth. Her writing is always rooted in a steely-eyed reality, with a bit of sarcasm thrown in. I love it. She, too, has been having a difficult time sitting down and writing, but her writing was actually a letter, and she actually sent it. I figured I could do half as much and post to my blog.

Tonight my friend Liz and I went to Shakespeare in the Park with Liz's roommate, Liz's Roommate's fiance and Dave. We settled in with some wonderfully made pasta salad, uncorked the wine and enjoyed the warm, thankfully-not-muggy air, and listened to the kid's shorter version of Much Ado About Nothing pre-show.

And then we got drenched.

Drenched - not one piece of clothing was dry and the water was running in the streets up to my ankles.

Liz is the kind of girl that makes running in the rain fun and a memory to remember, instead of something to avoid or get out of quickly. I love her for that.

I think the only thing that would have made it better is having a camera, but it was raining so hard that the camera would have most definitely died.

Tomorrow I have a full day of seeing friends and friend's family. Monday I'll be trying to put in some work for my boss. Ironically enough, it's helping compile a manual that I would have overseen if I were still at Peacemakers. I guess once you get in, you never get out!

My classes start this week, and I'll be taking 6 credits. Dr. Peterson is determined to kindly kill us with reading. I'm determined to survive.

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height