Thursday, March 24

Discouragement

It's a tough time in the job market. Adam's process reminds me of my getting out of college (ack, 11 years ago!). I had this belief that businesses would be waiting at the graduation door to beg me to work for them. Instead, it was a 2.5 year process of temping and working in politics before I found a job. He's far more realistic.

There's nothing quite as discouraging as hearing nothing. While I hate the answer "no, we've gone with another candidate," (and by the way, no matter how gracious the response - and we've gotten some gracious "no's" - it's still just a kick in the stomach) the quiet uneasiness of hearing nothing is awful. Silence encourages hope, which is so painful when dashed.

It takes me about a day to work through the disappointment, anger, sadness and frustration when we don't hear a positive response. It's the reminder that I'm  not in control. 

So here we are. Praying. Praying, Praying, Praying for opportunities. Praying for interviews. Because my husband is a phenomenal worker, a brilliant teacher, one who puts an amazing amount of time and effort into his lessons.


Please Pray with us.

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height