Tuesday, November 7

It's the most wonderful time of the year

....for the main stream media.

Last night we were muting the political commercials (ok, we were muting all of the commercials) but it was said that "well, at least we won't have to watch/listen to the commercials anymore" and "I hope there are some good movies on tomorrow."

Someone at the dinner table looked at surprise at the one who said the movie comment, and the response was, "Well, I'm going to vote for him, I just don't need to listen to the play by play." (Especially not from whiny Brian Williams, say I!)

This is the most WONDERFUL night of the year, the MSM think. You can feel the giddiness. It's the equivalent to Christmas, almost. Or maybe it's the holiday that kicks off the holiday season. It's where they genuflect.

It's where I genuflected for a year, too.

November 5th, 2002. The day I remembered I was a Christian first and a republican second. And maybe even "A republican 34th." That politics are a good way to be bitter and angry. That politics are all about "in-your-face," "justice" and never about grace. A big fat popularity race.

bleh. I used to live and breath these things, and I'll tune in toward the end to see what the returns are like, and I'll hope that John Tester loses.

My blood pressure still rises at times, but, I really hope that I'll act the way I want to be viewed: remembering that there are WAAAYYY more important things in life, like a sister's bridal shower, a brother who's growing SO much in the Lord, and a Mom and Dad that are still faithful to each other, through the hard times. That God speaks quietly but consistently.

And that Prayer, not a fat print-media budget, has more power to determine the end of the political game.

Proverbs 21:1 - "The king's heart is in the hand of
the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes."

No comments:

With octaves of a mystic depth and height